Many visitors return from their Caribbean holiday raving about their horseback riding excursion through the hills and beach of Jamaica's North Coast. Mount your sturdy steed and roam through the places you have heard about, passing sugar factories and grand estates some of which date back hundreds of years.
If you haven't heard about the Taino Indians' rich history, beliefs, and cultural past, you will learn the fascinating story of this indigenous group who existed before Columbus arrived. While riding through a natural wetland, you will pass beneath lush almond and coconut trees and actually see the places you have heard about, visiting the excavations carried out by archaeologists, who have been digging to uncover the little known history of this region.
When you arrive at the beach you will be able to taste the succulent local produce in a rustic beach hut, and then for the really fun part....changing into a bathing suit and rushing through the waves on horseback. The saddles are left on for safety reasons, so there are no worries about staying on your horses' back. After this thrilling ride, you will take a relaxing saunter along a deserted beach which is inhabited by heron and various other water birds who fish in the shallow waters. While traveling through the mangroves, you will be able to discern the remains of an eighteenth century warehouse and an ancient waterwheel, all part of an abandoned sugar plantation.
What a day!! History, horseback riding, lovely scenery, mysterious ruins, and the unforgettable sights and sounds of rural Jamaica.
• Wear swim suit under your clothes and bring a towel. Wear sunblock and a hat. Photos and videos of you and your horse will be available for purchase
• Dunns River Falls and/or White River Tubing, can also be added to beach horseback ride
• Private rides are available for the experienced rider...view rate options below!
Includes: • Roundtrip transport from cruise ship pier or Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay hotel
• Professional guide
• Safety helmet, life jacket
• Taste of local Produce
• Fruits on completion of the Ride
• Beach, Shoreline & Countryside horseback ride
• Shopping / Margaritaville (optional)
Restrictions: • Maximum weight: 240 lbs
• Minimum height: 3 ft tall
• Minimum age: 5 (all children must be able to handle their own horse which will be led by an experienced tour guide. Children are not permitted to ride on the same horse as their parents)
Only confirmed Jaital.com customers can write a review. This helps us to
prevent fraud, spam and other abuses (like you find on many other travel
review and opinion websites). It also ensures that our reviews maintain the
highest integrity. We only accept honest travelers who have personally
experienced the tour or transfer first-hand. Log in to write a review!